(Repost of our most popular recipe – thanks for your requests!)
This fudge is so easy to make that you can almost make it in your sleep. Luscious, foolproof, fast, and the results will have you looking like a pro. Make it in the office or in your dorm room, any place where there’s a microwave plugged in.
The simple components for this recipe also make a nice hostess gift: a pretty 8-inch square sided baking pan, can of sweetened condensed milk, couple bags of chocolate chips, nuts, a little bottle of vanilla extract and if you find some special finishing salt, throw that in, too.
Recipe: Easy Five-Minute Fudge
Chocolate fudge in about five minutes.
- 3 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk or dark chocolate chips or a combination)
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, optional
- Prepare pan: line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square sided baking pan with foil and lightly spray foil with a non-stick coating. Set aside.
- Make fudge: combine ingredientsin a large microwavable mixing bowl. Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds. Remove from microwave protecting your hands, as bowl may be hot. Stir with a wooden spoon to mix.If some of the chocolate chips remain solid, return to the microwave and cook on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir again. Add walnuts, if using.
- With a wooden spoon, quickly beat mixture well until satiny. Empty mixture into the prepared pan (may need help from a spatula) and evenly smooth the top.
- Cover top of pan with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature or put in refrigerator to cool. Find someone to help lick the wooden spoon.
- When completely cool, cut into 1″ squares, cleaning knife between cuts if necessary. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Makes about 64 pieces.